If only one could ever do justice to put the right words together and describe the unparalleled beauty of Ladakh, oh, we wonder if that is even possible? The land of high passes, Ladakh is a dream canvas of landscapes with unprecedented beauty. We at Chindi Safar truly believe that everyone should visit Ladakh, at least once in their lifetime. One of a kind, this union territory is a home for 7 rivers steering through diversely composed mountains, each one so uniquely different from the other, beautiful monasteries, distinct villages, larger than life lakes and what not. Make 2023 a year to remember and visit Ladakh and see for yourself, that Ladakh is not a destination, it is a feeling that makes your soul happy!
- Check-in at the property, freshen up & drink lots of water to hydrate yourself ( Kindly, remember that you have now reached 11,000+ ft above the sea level, in no time. Hence, the first two days are crucial for all travelers to take it easy). Soak up some sun, do not exert yourself!
- By 2:00 PM lunch will be served in the property’s common area
- Ice Breaking session to know each other better over games
- Take a back seat and chill for the day
- Dinner & sleep off the hectic day
(We request you to inform us immediately if you feel uneasy, heavy headed, pukish or experience breathlessness)
- Rise and shine and get ready to start your day with some lip-smacking breakfast while you are
surrounded by the mountains
- We will then start our journey with local sightseeing. A short hike to reach Shanti Stupa
- A short drive to Namgyal Tsemo Monastery
- Trailing through old town, shopping, cafe hopping at Leh Market
- Short hike to The Leh Palace for sunset and then walk back to the base
- Rest up before dinner & gradually call it a night because in the morning we’ve got to level up!
- After an early breakfast, head out to reach Gurudwara Pathar Sahib
- Via Magnetic Hill we reach Sangam Point- The confluence of Indus and Zanskar river. Quick picture session
- Drive to Saspol. A small hike to Saspol caves with paintings dated to late 14/15th CE
- A 6km drive to our next pit stop-Alchi village where we'll take you to Lakakh’s first ever eatery serving Ladakhi
Cuisine for lunch-Alchi Kitchen. Where we highly recommend you to try Khambir, thukpa & apricot juice.
Proceeding from there, we will walk towards Alchi monastery which is dated to be built in 958-1055 CE
- We now start our journey in reverse, heading to Spituk, to experience a breath-taking sunset
- Spend some time at the monastery top to soak the last few rays of sunshine
- Drive back to Leh and reach the property by late evening. You can choose to chill at the Leh market at your
- Dinner will be served at the property
- Early/Packed breakfast as we start our drive towards Hanle (255 km)
- Halt at Chumathang for lunch
- Reach Hanle, check-in & freshen up! As the night grows darker and we indulge in fun conversations over
home cooked dinner, we then proceed to move outside the property only to experience a sky full of stars
(make sure to layer yourselves up properly). Hanle is officially your window to the universe which now notified
as India’s first Dark Sky Reserve is now gaining rapid traction from all over the world
- Dinner at the property over some light music
- Get some good sleep after stuffing your eyes with wonder.
- Breakfast at the property and check-out by 8:00 AM to start our journey (159 km) towards Tso Moriri
- But first and foremost, we visit to Indian Astronomical Observatory & Hanle Monastery
- A quick detour to bumpy pasture land of Puga - The hot water spring
- Reach Tso Moriri-The mountain lake,is located in the Changthang Plateau. In fact, it is the largest high altitude
lake in India that is entirely in Indian Territory.
- Check-in, relax! Dinner will be served at the property
- Breakfast at the property and check-out by 8:00 AM as now we head back to the base-Leh
- On our way we will get to experience two beautiful and secluded lakes- Tso Kar & Kyagar Tso
- Halt for Lunch on the way
- Back to Leh, stretch out those sore limbs a little as we celebrate the finale night over some music and
- Property check-out by 11AM or as per the flight schedule, whichever is earlier