Don’t be a gama in the land of the lama.
A mysterious and magical destination that holds the history in every little fraction of this enigmatic district of Himachal Pradesh. From fossils living on this land, you’ll have a visual party of colors, culture & nature. Come be a part of our journey and be able to send love notes on a post-card to your dear ones from the world’s Highest Post-Office in Spiti. Vibe along with the calming wind & Buddhist chants through & through.
- Departure from Majnu ka Tila at 9/10 PM in Semi-Sleeper Volvo Bus (quilt and water bottles will be provided inside the bus)
- The bus will halt for dinner around 11:30 PM at a local dhaba/hotel.
- Assemble at New Shimla Bus Stand near Victory Tunnel by 9 AM
- Freshen up & start from there by 10 AM in our luxury tempo traveller
- Stopover for breakfast in the outskirts of Shimla while driving our way to Kalpa -It’s going to be a long drive so make sure to look out of the window to enjoy the views
- Warm ice-breaking session over breakfast
- Halt for lunch in Rampur
- Reach Kalpa by late evening: Hotel check-in & freshen up
- Dinner & sleep off the tiring day.
- Early morning hike of 2kms to reach Roghi cliff (Suicide point, Kalpa)
- Breakfast & hotel check-out
- Road trip to one of the most beautiful villages of Kinnaur- Nako Village
- Homestay check-in & lunch, Nako
- Explore the monastery & lake
- Take a tour of the village on foot and closely observe the old-styled construction of these houses. This place is a dream come true for the shutterbug in you so take your camera out and let your lens capture the vibe of it while you indulge yourself in the local culture
- Tipsy gypsy gala night at the homestay (free welcome shots on the house to start the night right, bond over some good music and conversations)
- Dinner & overnight stay
- Breakfast & check-out
- Visit Tabo Monastery, one of the famous monasteries of Lahaul & Spiti, on our way to New Kaza, the headquarter of Spiti Valley
- Reach Kaza, hotel check-in & Lunch
- Head to Spiti riverfront and spend the evening there
- Visit Kaza market later in the evening and shop local stuff if you wish to
- Dinner in any local café in the market (not included in the package)
- Get back to our hotel for some group bonding activities in the common area.
- Have breakfast at the hotel before we head out to explore the famous villages of Spiti.
- Visit Langza village which is known for its rich fossils of marine animals and plants. Spend some time at the giant Buddha statue in Langza.
- Send postcards to your loved ones from the world's highest post office in Hikkim.
- Visit Komic village which is the world's highest village in Asia with a motor-able road.
- Explore Lundup tsemo gompa Buddhist monastery, Komic
Lunch in one of the local dhabas.
- Visit Kye/key monastery, the biggest monastery of Spiti valley
- Drive through Kibber wildlife sanctuary and if you are lucky, you might be able to spot snow leopard & other rare wildlife)
- Take a walk in the Kibber village and visit Kibber monastery
- Get back to the hotel and relax.
- Stargazing & dinner.
- Sleep off the tiring day.
- Time to bid a warm goodbye to Kaza; breakfast & check-out
- Drive to the beautiful Dhankar Village
- Visit Dhankar fort & the 1000+ yrs old Dhankar monastery
- Stroll around the village and soak some local vibes
- Check-In & settle at the Rabsal Homestay, Dhankar
- Soak some sunshine while sitting and chilling at the terrace as we have our Himachali lunch prepared at the homestay
- Watch the sunset overlooking the entire Dhankar village from the terrace while you sip your pahado wali chai
- Gather in the common area after the sunset for some fun games like dumb charades, someone is there, ad mad, etc
- Star Gazing.
- Dinner & overnight stay.
- Breakfast & check-out.
- Our return journey starts from here, a road trip to Kalpa.
- Halt for lunch in between the road trip.
- Reach our hotel in Kalpa by evening and freshen up.
- Last night celebrations with some moves & grooves.
- Breakfast & Check Out
- Road trip to Shimla
- Reach Shimla by 7 PM.
- Time to bid a warm goodbye to Himachal as you board the Volvo bus from the bus stand. Quilt and water bottles will be provided inside the bus.
- The bus will halt for dinner by 10 PM at a local dhaba/hotel.
- Reach Delhi by 7 AM, in a semi-sleeper Volvo bus
- Trip ends here.